General Seismology Lab
Management and development of the Egyptian Strong Motion Network to reduce the risk in the delta cities, caused by earthquakes in the active sources like Dahshour , Gulf of Aqaba and the Gulf of Suez. Also, conducting shallow seismic surveys for deducing the reliable geotechnical design and engineering parameters which are needed for the sustainable construction.
Conducting research and scientific thesis related to the study of earthquakes and the resulting risks in order to provide a scientific reference for decision makers. Also, involvement in local and international projects, professional engineering consultancy for construction companies. Community awareness work for public such as schools and universities is another vital mission. Conducting the international training courses for Arab countries is an important mission as a way for transferring technical experience in the field of seismology.
-Studying the earthquake activity in the Arab Republic of Egypt
– Following-up of the earthquake activity through the National Seismic
Network data and Egyptian Strong Motion Network.
– Studying the phenomena that arise from the occurrence of earthquakes
such as cracks, faults and tsunami.
– Cooperation with the international institutes and Egyptian universities
having similar scientific interests.
– Participation in local and international research project and
– Makes reports for earthquakes with magnitudes greater than or equal 5
which were recorded by Strong Motion Network.
-Borehole seismic measurements.