We are pleased announce the Third Advanced ArAS School for Astrophysics in the Kottamia Astronomical Observatory, Egypt, on September 15-22, 2023.
The Arab Astronomical Society (ArAS)
The National Research Institute of Astronomy and Geophysics (NRIAG)
On the occasion of Arab Conference on Astronomy and Geophysics (ACAG8) 2023
The ArAS School for Astrophysics is an initiative of the Arab Astronomical Society (ArAS).
ArAS SfA’s objective is to give brilliant and motivated students, interested by the astronomy, the opportunity to be trained by international professional astronomers due to the lack of research in astronomy in the Arab World.
ArAs SfA-5 is endorsed by the Office of Astronomy for Development (OAD) of the International Astronomical Union (IAU). It will provide a platform for astrophysics knowledge sharing, triggering collaborations between fellow Arab astrophysicists, and building a strong professional Arab community in the field.
Based on our experience on the First Arab Winter School for Astrophysics (FAWSA) and the Second Arab Winter School for Astrophysics (AWSA-II), the Third ArAS School for Astrophysics (ArAS SfA-3), and the Fourth ArAS School for Astrophysics (ArAS SfA-4), the content of the Third Advanced ArAS School for Astrophysics (ArAS SfA-Adv3) will focus mainly on different practices and skills of professional astronomers. ArAS SfA Adv-3 is open to Ph.D. students, post-docs and researches for all countries across the glode. The scope ofArAS SfA-Adv3 will cover the following fields:
- Cosmology with Large Galaxy Survey
- Theory: Introduction to the large-scale structure of the universe and galaxy surveys
- Practical session: Hands-on session on data analysis using galaxy catalogues obtained from cosmological simulations
- Theory: Galaxies: Morphology and Evolution
- Practical session: Hands-on session on finding the mass of Black Holes of AGN
- Hands-on session on using GALFIT to quantify Galaxy Morphology
For more information please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org